SamWise

Oct 10, 2008

SamWise in Warcraft 3 credits


Any true Blizzard gamer should recognize the name. Being the art director at Blizzard Entertainment, Samwise Didier's works can be seen in the the company's biggest games: Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft.

SamWise has a thing for Pandas - he created the Panderen race - which he mentioned in the first episode of BlizzCast:

"... for some reason, I decided to do like a panda guy because, actually, also like “Samwise,” “Panda” is my nickname because I’m kind of a big hairy bear dude, but I’m not very fearsome. [laughs] So I got the nickname “Panda.”"

Quoting from his interview...
on personal influences: "It would definitely be Conan comic books that got me started. The Conan books with Frank Frazetta and John Buscema artwork."

on his art style: "Overall, the basic Blizzard art style is that everything's a little bit more over-proportioned, ..."

SamWise icon Panda icon


Trivia: Watch closely as the paladin opens his book to cast the Holy Light spell. What do you see on the book?

Profile
Art Gallery



blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Comments

 

  © Blizzard Gamer by StarMars

Back to TOP